TRINITY CATHOLIC SCHOOL VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS
Before any parent/adult volunteers are allowed to work in the school or to be a chaperone, she/he must meet the following requirements.
Volunteer hours are due Monday, March 2nd, 2020. ***Parents are strongly encouraged to complete the requirements early in the year to allow time for processing***
- MUST complete three online courses through Armatus.
- Please come to the front office for more information.
- MUST complete a background check w/fingerprinting.
- DRIVERS must complete a Diocese of Pensacola/Tallahassee Driver Information Sheet (from the Front Office) to give authorization for a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) which needs to be renewed every two years. Additionally drivers:
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be a Florida licensed driver.
- Must have three years of clean driving record history or less than six points on their license within the last year.
- Must have $100,000/$300,000 car insurance liability.
- Must complete a background check/fingerprints.
- Must complete the Armatus online courses.
- Must not have any medical condition nor be taking any medications that would impair ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- The cost of VECHS fingerprints and the MVR is $65, payable to Trinity Catholic School.
- Education courses and fingerprints/background checks are good for five years.
- MVR report is good for two years. (The MVR is part of the $65 fee which is billed every five years)
- Background checks must be reprocessed every five years.
- A VECHS waiver must be signed and returned to the school (waiver can be obtained through the Trinity Office.)
- Trinity Catholic School is a smoke free area. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the buildings or on the school grounds.
- A volunteer may not divulge any confidential information to which she/he may have access in the classroom or school.
- Volunteers MUST check in and out at the school front office. Volunteers must present Driver's License, which will be kept on file for the duration of their visit.
- Volunteer nametags are to be worn while working in the school. Please return the nametags when signing out in the office. Driver's License will be returned at this time.
- If a volunteer encounters difficulty working with a child or doing a certain task, the supervising teacher should be notified immediately.
- Siblings MAY NOT accompany adult chaperones on field trips. Volunteers must be able to give their undivided attention to their volunteer tasks and the students.