- On average, our 2nd Graders score 1.4 years above grade level on the Iowa Assessment (Nationally Standardized Test).
- By 8th Grade, Trinity students score an average of 3.6 years above grade level on the Iowa Assessment (Nationally Standardized Test)
- In 2016, 8 students received State Recognition and 1 student received Grand Recognition for Duke TIP.
- In 2017, 3 students received State Recognition for Duke TIP.
- In 2017, 42% of Graduates earn the President's Education Award for Academic Excellence, with a 3.5 or higher GPA and an 85% or higher score on the Iowa Assessment.
- 100% of 8th Graders who took the Algebra I end of course exam passed in 2017.
- 28% of our Middle School students are members of The National Junior Honor Society.
- Trinity Catholic's student body is 29% minority.
Trinity Catholic School Accomplishments
2017-2018 school year
Congratulations to one of our 8th Graders for placing First in the Big Bend Regional Spelling Bee. This student will represent Trinity Catholic School and the Big Bend in the 90th Scripps National Spelling Bee in May in Washington D.C.
Eight Trinity Catholic students attended the Florida State Junior Thespian Festival in Orlando. Two 7th Graders performed solo musical pieces for adjudication at the Festival. One received a Superior rating for her performance of “All for You” from Seussical and one received an Excellent rating for her performance of “Home” from Beauty and the Beast.
Trinity Catholic students compared their abilities in a second language with students from other schools in Leon County by participating in the 2018 Modern Language Expo, Spanish category. Our 6th and 7th Graders took First Place (out of 14 public and private schools!). Our Elementary students in Grades 3-5 competed for the first time and received 3rd Place!
This year, 15 of our 7th Graders represented Trinity Catholic School at the Capital Regional Science & Engineering Fair. One student won 1st Place in the Engineering Category, received the Challenger Learning Center Award, and was selected to compete at the 63rd State Science and Engineering Fair of Florida in Lakeland. Another student won 1st Place in the Behavioral & Health Sciences Category. Three more students placed 2nd in their respective categories: Behavioral & Health Sciences, Cellular & Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, and Mathematics and Computational Sciences. One student received Honorable Mention in the Chemistry Category.
Congratulations to our 8th Graders who participated in the Leon County District History Fair. Our two submissions in the Middle School Historical Papers Category received 3rd Place and Honorable Mention. In the Middle School Individual Exhibit Category, one student placed 3rd and one placed 2nd and will be advancing to State!