Summer Learning is critical to a child's ability to not only retain information learned the previous year, but also to grow in knowledge and critical thinking skills for the coming year. While some schools allow students to fall into a “Summer Slide,” where they lose some of the progress they made during the school year, Trinity trains students to be scholars. Learning is lifelong and the brain must always be engaged to keep those academic skills sharp.
This year, we have set up Summer Google Classroom pages. These pages contain assignments, links, and/or suggested learning opportunities. Summer learning is designed to challenge students in the areas of math, reading, and writing. Students going into 1st-8th grade will work on IXL to practice Math and Language Arts Skills. Students going into 2nd-8th grade will also read one fiction book and complete a book report, and one non-fiction text and complete a project on the topic. Students should pick “good fit” books. A good fit book is interesting to the reader and on their reading level.
Please spend some time with your child going over their Summer Learning on their Summer Google Classroom. Looking over the requirements and forming a timeline for their completion will ensure the workload is meaningful and manageable. Students are expected to submit ALL completed work by the first day of school on August 8, 2022.
Trinity will provide your child with a Google and IXL account that they will use for the school year 2022-2023. Complete the following steps when logging into Google Classroom for the first time:
- Make sure that you do not have any other personal Google accounts logged in when you go into the school account.
- It will prompt you to click on either student or teacher. You will click on the student.
- Once you are in, you will see a Grade level Summer Classroom.
- Click on the join button to get into their Summer Learning Classroom.
- The Classroom opens up on the STREAM section. You will check the STREAM section of the classroom and the CLASSWORK section for assignments.
- You will see these section headers at the top of the Classroom screen.
If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail Mrs. Bechtol at email@example.com. Have a wonderful and blessed summer!
Tommy Bridges Stephanie Bechtol
Principal Assistant Principal